Part 1): A simple and quick method on How to square a number ending with 5.
In this tutorial we are going to learn one simple method of Vedic mathematics to make the square of a number which ends with 5.
Whenever a number ends with 5, definitely the last two digits will be 25. Now the remaining part of the answer can be calculated by multiplying a number with its next. For example if the given number is 35 then first part will be 25 and the remaining part will be 3×4=12. So the answer is 1225.
Example: Find square of 15.
Here the last two digits will be 25 and the first two digits are calculated by 1×2=02. So the answer is 225.
Let us take another example for clear understanding.
Example: Find square of 65.
Solution: first part will be 6×7=42. So the answer is 4225.
Part 2): Multiplication of two numbers having first digit same and last digits add up to 10.
Example: Multiply 46×44.
- Bothe numbers having digit 4 same.
- Last digits that are 6 and 4 add up to 10.
- So we just multiply 4×5 =20 for getting first part of the answer.
- Also multiply last digits (6×4=24) for second part of the answer.
- So the answer is 2024.
Example: Multiply 71×79.
- Bothe numbers having digit 7 same.
- Last digits that are 1 and 9 add up to 10.
- So we just multiply 7×8=56 for getting first part of the answer.
- Also multiply last digits (9×1=09) for second part of the answer.
- So the answer is 5609.
- How to square and multiply numbers quick and easily – Vedic mathematics method.
- How to add and subtract fractions easily – Vedic mathematics methods.
- How to do fast subtraction – Vedic mathematics method.
- How to multiply two numbers quickly and easily – Vedic mathematics method.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!