SharePoint REST API is an interface which allows communication between server and client.
Hello friends, in this article we will learn SharePoint REST API in details. To make this article more interesting, we will use a question-answer pattern here. Let’s get started.
1) What is API?
API stands for Application Program Interface. We can define API as an interface between two different applications so that they can communicate with each other.
2) What is REST?
- REST stands for Representational State Transfer.
- REST is an architectural style (general and reusable solution) providing standards between computer systems on the web, making them easier to communicate with each other.
3) What is SharePoint REST API?
- SharePoint REST API is an interface which allows communication between the SharePoint server and client machine.
- Using SharePoint REST APIs, users can interact remotely with SharePoint data by using any technology that supports REST web requests.
4) How SharePoint REST API service works?
- We/developer construct and send a RESTful HTTP request by using the OData standards.
- Then client.svc web service handles the HTTP request and serves the appropriate response in either Atom or JSON format.
- The client application must then parse that response.
5) In which format does SharePoint REST API give output?
SharePoint REST API gives output in Atom XML or JSON format.
- CRUD Operations using REST API in SharePoint
- SharePoint Interview Questions
- SharePoint Content Types – Best Explained
- SharePoint Site Columns – Best Explained
- How to Make Conditionally Mandatory Field in SharePoint 2013
I hope you liked this article. If you have any queries, please use below comments section for the same. Please like our facebook page and subscribe to our newsletter for future updates. Have a nice day! tada…