This project turns on the LEDs connected to port 1 of the microcontroller in sequence, resulting in chasing LEDs effect. The data is displayed with a one-second delay between each output pattern. The following figure shows the output pattern of LEDs. (There are only 8LEDs).
- AT89C2051 microcontroller
- Capacitors: 10uF, 30pF, 30pF.
- Resistors: R2=100O…..(8) and one 8.2KO
- Crystal oscillator: 12MHz
- LEDs: 8
The following figure shows the circuit diagram of LED chasing project. For better appearance, you can also arrange these LEDs in circular or any geometrical shape with different colors for colorful output.
The program is required to load a 1 into the top (or bottom) bit of a variable and then shift the data right (or left) by one digit and display on the LEDs. A delay is required between each out to see the effect of chasing.
Click here to download .C and .HEX file for this project
You may also like
- LED Dice using microcontroller
- DTMF Decoder
- Four-way traffic light controller Mini-project
- Plant watering watcher circuit ( mini-project )
- Knight rider light ( LED ) with Pic16F84A
- fastest finger first indicator project
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!