Hi friends, here we are going to build a small engineering project based on LabVIEW and Arduino. In this project, we are making Temperature controller using Arduino and LabVIEW. We will operate a cooling fan when the temperature goes above set point.
Before you start this project make sure that you have installed LabVIEW Interface For Arduino (LIFA) on your system. If not follow this article for installing LIFA: How to Interface Arduino with LabVIEW
- Arduino Uno (or Freeduino)
- 10K ohm resistor
- RGB LED (or separate LEDS can also be used)
- DC fan (5V)
In this temperature controller project, we will use thermistor for measuring the temperature of a liquid or any other material. We are using three LEDs to indicate temperature range. Red LED is used to indicate the temperature is the above set point. Blue LED will indicate temperature lies between upper and lower set point. Green LED will indicate temperature below set point.
When the RED LED glows the cooling fan will turn on. Due to cool air (or you can also use a cooler water pump with relay circuitry), your object (liquid) will get cooled. When the temperature falls down DC cooling fan will get turned off.
Construction of Temperature Controller Project:
- Connect thermistor and Resistor with the analog port of Arduino as shown in the first image.
- Now connect three LEDs with positive terminals of each led to pin number 8,9 and 10. Connect negative terminal of LED with common (ground of Arduino).
- Now depends on your application i.e. if you are using the small 5V dc fan you can connect it directly to the Arduino (pin number 3 and ground) using motor driver IC L293D (In the figure we have connected the motor directly but it should be not so. You should use a motor driver IC). If you are using 230V AC appliance you need a relay circuit. You can buy it from here.
Download LabVIEW Program: Click Here
You may like these articles
- How To Save LabVIEW Program In Image Format
- LabVIEW Program For Degree Celsius To Fahrenheit Conversion
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!