Hi friends, in this article we will see one simple mini project for electronics and electrical engineering students. We all are familiar with electric fan regulator which we use for varying the fan speed. The basic principle behind regulator is a change of resistance.
This article is written by Mohamed Maricar & Modified by Mayuresh Joshi
Cheap and Best Electrical Fan Regulator
- Fig (A): shows the full view of connection diagram of the product
- One Resistance = Rs. 0.15
- 28 Resistances = Rs.4.20
- One PCB = Rs.5.00
- One Rotator Switch = Rs. 8.00
- One Plastics Cabinet = Rs.5.00
Total Cost = Rs. 22.20 Rupees Only
Steps to build electric fan regulator:
- First, we have to take PCB as shown in Fig (C)
- Then we put the Resistance and solder in PCB holes as shown in fig(A)
- Now we connect PCB ends with rotator switch as in fig (A)
- We connect rotator switch with AC supply
- Now if we vary the rotator switch we can get the different speed of motor
1. The Resistance network is used to drop the voltages in five steps that are level
2. The first step 13 volts dropped second steps 26 v third step 39v fourth step 53v
3. By dropping the five level used to vary the speed of motor
4. By dropping voltages we can vary the speed of electrical fan motor
- What is my idea?
My idea is to design a new circuit to reduce the cost and increase the performance of the product
- What does it do?
It regulates the speed of electric fan motor by dropping a.c. voltage in different level
- How does it work?
It is working by Ohms law and circuit theory principles
- What makes my idea Unique?
Cheap and best
Advantages of my product
- Cheap cost
- Low care
- Low power loss
- Low heat loss
- Good performance
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!