Today we are going to make a simple mini-project using 8051 microcontrollers. A digital thermometer using 8051 microcontrollers. A thermometer is a device that measures temperature or temperature gradient using a variety of different principles. Let us see how to make Digital Thermometer using 8051 microcontrollers.
- 8051 microcontroller (like AT89c51, 89C51RD2, etc.)
- LM35 temperature sensor
- Resistors, Potentiometer, etc.
Working of Digital Thermometer
The output of digital thermometer is in Celsius scale. To display the output i.e. the temperature we have used a 16*2 LCD display. LM 35 is temperature sensor IC which is used to sense the temperature. Normally LM35 generates a 10mV change in output voltage per degree celsius change in temperature. This temperature is then converted into Celcius scale using analog to digital converter i.e. ADC0804.
LM 35 Temperature sensor:
Specifications of LM 35 temperature sensor IC are as follows
- The accuracy of LM35 is +-0.5 degree celsius.
- Its temperature range is from -55 to 150-degree celsius.
- Sensor gain = 10 (mV/Deg C)
- Output impedance = 0.4 Ohm
- Supply Voltage (Min) = 4V
- Supply voltage (Max) = 30V
Applications of Digital Thermometer
- Thermometers are used in a wide variety of scientific and engineering applications, especially measurement systems.
- Digital thermometers can be used in roadways in cold weather climates to check if icing condition exists or not.
Click here to download C program and Proteus simulation files.
You may also like
- Mobile Incoming Call Indicator (Mini-Project)
- Water Level Indicator Alarm Circuit (Mini-Project) using IC ne 555 timer IC
- Air Flow Detector Circuit (Mini-Project)
- Street Light Controller using LDR (Mini-Project)
- Simple buzzer interface to microcontroller
- How to make DTMF decoder MINI-PROJECT
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!