Hi friends, in this short SharePoint 2013 tutorial we are going to learn how to create a Add New Item button and add it in web part. Actually its very easy to get a link of new item page and using basic html code we can add link of new item anywhere. But if you want an exact same New Item button to add in a web part you can follow this tutorial.
In this example we are going to Add a New Item button of Employee Details List to a Home Page of Main Site.
Add New Item Button in a Web Part
- Open a list in a Chrome web browser
- Open Chrome DevTools (Shortcut: F12) or Right click anywhere and Select Inspect Element.
- Click on Cursor symbol representing select an element to Inspect it.
- Now move your cursor on New Item button
- Copy the Element HTML code
- Add a Content Editor Web Part to page where you want to Add New Item Button
- Paste the New Item Button code into Web Part
- Click on Stop Editing, that’s it!
Note: When you add Web Part you may see the title of Web Part which is sometimes not needed. See Below screenshot.
Click on OK to save the changes. See below screenshots.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends and like or facebook page for future updates. Subscribe to our newsletter to get notifications about our updates via email. If you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments section below. Have a nice day!